This program is intended to advance the knowledge and science on leadership and clinical practices. The primary goal of the conference is to identify skills and competencies needed for transformation leadership and to empower hospital-based staff nurses as leaders and change agents of their practice. In addition, some of the sessions will address current issues in research, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, HWEs, and professional development. More importantly the speakers will provide participants with actionable ideas and innovations that can transform the process of care at the bedside.
1. Describe why it matters that nurses use their bold voices to drive change.
2. Explain how to apply purpose to clinical practice by creating a model of care focusing on evidence-based practice and quality.
3. Identify the critical behaviors and skills necessary for nurses to thrive and excel both personally and professionally.
4. Practice writing and storytelling techniques as a strategy for overcoming fear and unleashing personal creativity.
5. Empower hospital-based staff nurses as leaders and change agents whose initiatives measurably improve patient outcomes and hospital bottom lines.
Location: UCLA Campus
Carnesale Commons, Palisades Ballroom
251 Charles E Young Drive West
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Date: February 16, - February 17, 2017
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Visit Event Website